This error usually occurs when you try to upload a WordPress theme or plugin to your website from the WordPress admin area.
Fix ‘The Link You Have Followed Has Expired’ error by increasing the limit in the .htaccess file.
You will need to edit the .htaccess file by using an FTP client or the File Manager app in cPanel.
1. Connect to your website using FTP and click "Edit" on the .htaccess file.
2. Add the following code at the bottom of your .htaccess file.
php_value upload_max_filesize 128M
php_value post_max_size 128M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300
3. Save changes.
Fix ‘The Link You Have Followed Has Expired’ error by transferring the plugin folded directly with FTP.
1. Extract the plugin archive to your desktop (or other folder).
2. With your FTP program upload the plugin’s folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder in your WordPress directory online.
3. Activate the plugin in the WordPress admin dashboard.